Thursday, May 26, 2016

Holy Compost Cam Batman!


Approximately 500 images taken over 5 days, roughly once every 15 minutes. A 6.4" x 4.2" view panning down 11 inches of compost located in my backyard.

It surprises me how insanely active this is. My wife started the compost a few years ago and I'm not sure when we last emptied/sifted things. Towards the bottom half the soil/compost is shifted away from the scanner which puts it out of focus, but there's still tons of activity.

I'm capturing a full 8.5 x 11.5" area at 300 DPI and this video is panning vertically across a small portion of it. We've recently put in a bunch of cilantro, strawberry, carrot, and bits and pieces of leaks along with pieces of brown paper bag and potato skins. To be able to see all of this turn to soil would be fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment